[Call for Papers as PDF file for printing]
SESHA will hold its 30th Annual International High Technology ESH Symposium and
Exhibition at the DoubleTree Hotel Portland Lloyd Center in Portland, OR, March 25 -
29, 2008. The DoubleTree is conveniently located at the Lloyd Center on lite rail, with
easy access to the Portland airport, shopping, restaurants and the downtown area.
CALL FOR PAPERS
You are invited to submit an abstract to be considered for inclusion in the Symposium.
Papers are being solicited for the following topic areas:
- Overview of Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Photo/Etch Hazards & ESH Issues
- Diffusion Hazards & ESH Issues
- Implant Hazards & ESH Issues
- Epi Hazards & ESH Issues
- Facility & Ingrastructure ESH Issues
- Energy Conservation - Best Practices
- Water Conservation - Best Practices
- Efficient Utility Designs
Upcoming Codes & Evolving Regulations
- ESH Codes/Evolving Regulations
- Facility Related Codes/Evolving Regulations (Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire, Electrical - 70E, etc.)
- SEMI Update
- DHS - Chemical Security/Chemical Risk Facility
- Global harmonization - SDS vs. MSDS, Labeling, etc.
International Codes & Evolving Regulations
- LEED Certification - New & Existing Buildings
- Greenhouse Gases/Global Warming/Carbon Neutral
- Environmental Design
- Emergency Response to New Chemistries
- Crisis Management
Safety & IH Practices
- Ergonomics - Best Practices in the Industry
- Silane Handling & Response
- Current Industrial Hygiene Practices in the Semiconductor Industry
- Risk Management Techniques
- Waste Minimization - Recycling & Recovery
- Solid Waste Management
- Aging Workforce
- Increasing Compliance - Decreasing Headcount
- Behavioral Safety
- Auditing for Compliance
International ESH Management
- Global Injury/Illness & Environmental Compliance Tracking
- Global ESH Management - (Are we all on the same page?)
Vendor Technical Session
- Gas Detection
- Fire Protection
- Abatement & Treatment Systems
- Equipment Suppliers - Prevention through Design
- ESH MAnagement Systems (training, record keeping, audit tracking, etc.)
New this year: Vendor Technical Session
If papers are selected, vendors will have an opportunity
to give a technical presentation on their products.
Presentations should be 45 minutes in duration (please include approximately five minutes for questions and answers). Speakers
will be expected to use electronic presentation materials displayed through a data projector.
Abstracts and bios are to be submitted using this web site.
Click here to go to abstract submittal page.
- The deadline for abstract and bio submission is 19 October 2007.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will begin December 2007.
- Selected speakers must submit a paper or presentation materials by 8 February 2008 for peer review.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES (Half and Full Day Courses)
You are invited to submit a syllabus for a Professional Development Course (PDC) to be held at the Symposium.
Submit abstracts and bios using this web site.
Click here to go to PDC submittal page.
Each course will have a projected summary of expenses and a target audience indication to assist attendees in choosing their courses (details for both can be found on the
online PDC submission form).
- The deadline for PDC syllabus submission is 19 October 2007.
- Notification of acceptance will begin December 2007.
- Final determination on PDC enrollment/breakeven will be 29 February 2008.
If you have any questions, please contact the SESHA Secretariat at (703)790-1745.
We look forward to seeing you March 25-29 in Portland, OR.
Session and PDC presenters whose abstracts are accepted are encouraged to submit a paper for publication in the SESHA Journal. If the paper is submitted by January 25, 2008 and is accepted for publication, the author will receive a $250 honorarium which will be presented at the 2008 Symposium. (See the editorial guidelines on the SESHA web site.)