Date: September 24, 1999
Topic: Graphic User Interfaces
Summary of Meeting:
The Twin Cities Chapter met on Tuesday, September 14th at Honeywell in Plymouth, MN. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss graphic user interfaces and their role and use with life safety systems (i.e. toxic gas monitors and fire alarm). Seventeen people attended the meeting representing FSI, VTC, Honeywell, Cypress, Seagate St. Paul Co., Chubb, USTC and various independent consultants.
Thanks to Jay Rodstein, Mark Schmitt, and Keith Husby for hosting the meeting.
The meeting proceeded as follows:
1) Housekeeping issues new membership recruitment
2) Honeywell, Wonderware and USTC shared their graphic user interface systems. Highlights of the discussions:
- Supervised system, addressable points, hardware redundancy
- Detector locations, concentrations, alarm chronology, database trends/analysis
- Who are end users, graphic based, password protection, PC/windows based, add/subtract points, auto paging, remote access
- Networking capabilities with other bldg. controls, control capabilities of software, other software packages options
3) Meeting Adjourned.
1999 Twin Cities Chapter meeting schedule:
|Meeting Date||Location/Host||Topic Host||Contact|
|February||VTC||Contractor Safety||Jim Wittek|
|September||Honeywell||Gas User Interfaces (GUI)||Jay Rodstein|
|December||FSI International||SEMI Std Update||Mike Sherman|
For more information on the SESHA Twin Cities Chapter meetings contact:
Heartland Region Director: David Bartko - Cypress, 612-851-5136
Twin Cities Chapter President: Pat Gruneberg - Cypress, 612-851-5018