Date: December 20, 1999
Topic: SEMI Standards Update
Host: FSI International
Summary of Meeting:
The Twin Cities Chapter met on Tuesday, December 14th at FSI International in Chaska, MN. The purpose was to receive an update on SEMI and SEMATECH activities. In addition, FSI presented brief overviews on 300mm material handling challenges and advances on new cleaning chemistries on the market. Sixteen people attended the meeting representing FSI, Honeywell, Cypress, St. Paul Co., USTC and independent consultants.
Thanks to Mike Sherman and FSI for hosting the meeting.
The meeting proceeded as follows:
1) Update on SEMI Standards activities
SEMI S2 - Equip EHS (Rewrite complete, available 2'00)
SEMI S8 - Equip Ergonomics (Undergoing "tweak" fixes)
SEMI S3 - Heated Chemical Baths (Total rewrite being conducted)
SEMI S1 - Hazard Warning Label (Rewrite to develop int'l consensus warning label system)
2) Update on SEMATECH activities
3) Housekeeping activities and topics for 2000 meetings were discussed. The schedule will be published in January 2000.
4) 300 mm - material handling challenges
5) Safety aspects of advances cleaning chemistries
IPA - dryers, spray and rinsing
Ozone - ozonated water and ozone gas
6) Optional tour
For more information on the SESHA Twin Cities Chapter meetings contact: